- [fr] Communiqué de presse de Wikileaks : Wikileaks contre les banques
- [pt_br] Comunicado à imprensa: WikiLeaks X bancos
- [de] WikiLeaks Pressemitteilung: WikiLeaks vs Banken
- [es] New translation: Comunicado à imprensa: WikiLeaks X bancos
- [en] WikiLeaks Press Statement: WikiLeaks vs the Banks
WikiLeaks has published the biggest leaks in journalistic history. This has triggered aggressive retaliation from powerful groups. Since 7th December 2010 an arbitrary and unlawful financial blockade has been imposed by Bank of America, VISA, MasterCard, PayPal and Western Union. The attack has destroyed 95% of our revenue. The blockade came into force within ten days of the launch of Cablegate as part of a concerted US-based, political attack that included vitriol by senior right wing politicians, including assassination calls against WikiLeaks staff. The blockade is outside of any accountable, public process. It is without democratic oversight or transparency. The US government itself found that there were no lawful grounds to add WikiLeaks to a US financial blockade. But the blockade of WikiLeaks by politicized US finance companies continues regardless.